So a couple of days back my blog’s following on FB touched a 12k milestone! It may be nothing to many but I know how this journey has been.. a lot of effort, bit of struggle, bucket full of patience but at the end I have received Heaps of Love from all of you and Immense Satisfaction. I want to thank each one of you for your support and motivation. I think this success is not just mine but also yours.
To celebrate this I prepared Mughlai Shahi Paneer for my family. I have been making Shahi Paneer earlier also and that is one of the most tried recipes from my blog. But this is a Mughlai avatar of the Shahi Paneer. Delicate paneer cubes are cooked in white gravy with aromatic mughlai spices. Oh the occasion turned totally Shahi after this! Directions:
1. In a blender add chunks of onion and green chilli. Make a smooth paste and set aside. Soak some cashews in 2 tablespoon milk for half an hour. Grind them along with 1/4 cup grated paneer and set aside. Also cut the paneer in cubes to be used later.
2. Heat ghee in a kadai or deep sauce pan on medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
3. Now, add Bay leaf along with Onion Chili Paste and Ginger garlic paste in the ghee and let it become light brown in color. .It may take upto 5 minutes. The raw smell of ginger garlic will fade away.
4. Add Chopped Tomatoes and continue to sauté till the ghee separates the masala. Be patient, this can take upto 15-18 minutes and not to mention… keep stirring on regular intervals.
5. Add Coriander powder, Roasted Cumin Powder and Turmeric Powder.
6. Also add Red Chili Powder, Garam Masala and Salt to the masala. Mix everything thoroughly with the masala taste and continue to cook for a minute more.
7. Now turn the flame off and add curd and keep whisking it with masala otherwise the curd will curdle. Also add 1/3 cup water to the masala and mix.
8. Now turn the flame on but it will continue to remain on simmer. Add kasuri methi, fresh cream and combine with a ladle.
9. Add cubed Paneer to the gravy and mix well .
10. Also add Cashew Milk Paste and bring the gravy to the boil on low flame. It will take 3-4 minutes.
11. Add green cardamom powder. Finish the dish with fresh coriander leaves.
12. Serve it hot with roti, naan or paranthas.