Its Easter time! Time for baking some yummilicious cookies. I already have recipe of White Chocolate Chip Cookies on my website. But this time I wanted to share this recipe of Chocolate and Coconut Cookies which I made out of accident. And that accident was sooo delicious!
I was leaving for India in few weeks and I decided to say goodbye to my friends by visiting them and baking them something from my oven. So I checked my closet and found I was out of chocolate chips but had half a bar of dark chocolate and some shredded coconut. I was even out of butter so decided to use vegetable oil. I had to empty my kitchen before leaving so shopping some more was not a viable option. So I decided to combine the two ingredients I had on hand into cookies. The combination seemed weird but I still went ahead with it. The result was simply outstanding. We devoured so many of them ourselves before packing them into a basket with a bow. Ahhh beautiful memories…
2. In a bowl mix together sugar, oil and vegetable shortening for a lump free mixture.
4. In a separate bowl combine All purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Give them a gentle stir so that they combine evenly.
5. Now add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix gently. Do not over mix.
7. With the help of a small ice cream scooper, about 1 tbsp measure, scoop out the cookie dough on to the baking sheet pre-lined with parchment paper. The distance between each cookie should at least be 2 inches because they will spread on being heated.
8 . Press the cookie dough with your hand so that they even out when they spread.
9. Bake them for 9 to 11 minutes or until the edges become slightly golden. Cool them on a wire rack for ten minutes. Enjoy them with a cup of tea or coffee.