Pomegranate or Anaar is in season. The unusual combination of pomegranate and boiled fried potato with yogurt makes a delicious and hearty side dish with your meal. Its refreshing and full of flavour. I am sure once you taste it you will want it more and more. I tried it for the first time for a dinner party at our place. It was a huge success. The enchanting colors makes it even more inviting.
The beauty of this refreshing dish is that you can eat this even in Navratri Fasting. I pair it with my Barnyard Millet khichdi. Its simply delicious. if you are looking for other Fasting recipes you can try Healthy Kachalu Aloo Chat, Tangy Mint Potatoes, Khajoor Til Ke Laddoo, Vrat Wale Dahi-Paneer Kebabs, Swang Ke Chawal Ka Halwa, Swang Ke Chawal Ki Phirni. For this recipe follow the instructions below.
1. Boil potatoes and peel their skin. Cut them in cubes and fry them with little oil in the pan.
2. Fry them till they get a slight golden colour. Remove them on a paper towel to absorb extra oil. Set aside to cool down.
3. In a bowl whisk some yogurt, so that no lumps remain and add little milk to give it a smooth liquid texture. Also milk will reduce the thickness of yogurt.
4. Add Salt, chat masala and red chili powder . Give them a gentle stir to combine.
5. Add little sugar and mix.
6. Add roasted cumin seeds powder.
7. Add pomegranate to the yogurt mix. Along with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
8. Now add cooled fried potatoes to yogurt.
Garnish with roasted cumin powder, red chili flakes or powder and coriander or mint. Serve as a side dish with Kathal Biryani or any of your favourite dishes.
Other recipes for fasting you can try are: Healthy Kachalu Aloo Chat, Tangy Mint Potatoes, Khajoor Til Ke Laddoo, Vrat Wale Dahi-Paneer Kebabs, Swang Ke Chawal Ka Halwa, Swang Ke Chawal Ki Phirni, Tapioca Coconut Milk Pudding with Strawberry Preserve, Paneer Ki Kheer, Swang ke Chawal ki Khichdi, Kaddu Ka Halwa, Sabudana Khichdi .