I have been making a lot of pickles lately! Why not after all its summers and its the best time of the year when you can pickle your fruits and veggies and let them soak sume sun. I have just finished making Punjabi Aam ka Achar , you can see it in the pictures. I will post the recipe soon. But nevertheless those pickle flavours have reached by main dishes and started making my gravies spicy, tantalizing and and utterly delicious. I am talking about this Achari Paneer.
This gravy is made with spices which are generic to all Indian Pickles. It makes the gravy spicy , tantalizing and utterly delicious. My little man is a picky eater and refuses to eat vegetables and curries in school. The other day he came back with an empty lunch box and tells me I love this cheese sabji. This surely made my day with a double assurance that I made something delicious which was liked by my sonny boy.
1. Slice Paneer into cubes and set aside.
2. In a blender add tomato pieces and cashews and make a puree.
4. Also add Cumin seeds, Fennel Seeds or saunf and Fenugreek Seeds or methi dana.
5. Dry roast them on a pan for a minute of so. Do not burn them.
6. Grind them in a hand grinder or in a mixie jar and set aside.
7. Heat oil in a kadai or deep sauce pan on medium flame for 2-3 minutes. Now, add ginger garlic and chili paste in the oil and let it become light brown in color.
8. Add Asafoetida and mix it with the ginger garlic paste. You should add the tomato puree to the kadai .
9. Add Coriander powder, Turmeric powder to the wok.
10. Also add Red chili powder, salt and the achari masala we had made earlier.
11. Mix everything thoroughly and sauté till oil separates the masala.
12. Now lower the flame to sim and add curd and continue whisking otherwise the curd will curdle.
13. Add cubed Paneer to the curd gravy and mix well so that paneer is coated with the gravy.
14. To this add Cream and combine well.
16. Serve hot with Roti or Rice. It makes the most amazing Indian Paneer dish ever.