I like Red Bell Peppers because they are cute, adorable and the most good looking vegetable I also like their taste specially when they are charred. I have made with them Charred Red Bell Pepper and Pine Nut Pasta, Charred Bell Pepper and Black Eyed Peas Salad, Muhammara- Red Bell Pepper dip and now Cream of Roasted Red Bell Pepper Soup! This is the best soup I have ever had and I am not exaggerating! You have to try this to nod in affirmation.
The winters have come in full swing. The days are pleasant but mornings and nights are fiercely cold. We need soups like this to keep our body temperature warm. It can also be an excuse to enjoy such an amazing soup. ;P
1. Roast bell Peppers and Remove their skin, seed and membranes. Learn how to Roast a Bell Pepper in Oven here. Chop the roasted bell peppers in one inch pieces. Also chop some onions and garlic.
2. In a soup pot add olive oil and add onions and garlic and saute till the raw smell of garlic fades. You needn’t brown the onions or garlic.
3. Also add fresh thyme sprig. If you dont have fresh thyme you can use dried thyme as well. Add water and a broth cube. Bring the mixture to a boil.
4. Add chopped roasted bell peppers. Let it simmer for a couple of minutes until the bell peppers have become soft and tender.
5. Turn the flame off and puree the soup with a hand blender. It should be smooth.
6. Add red wine vinegar to the soup for some acidity.
7. Add some cream and stir with a whisk.
8. Check for salt as the broth cube will already have some salt. Also add some red chilli powder.
9. Serve hot with some crunchy bread.
Other Soups you can try are: Consomé de Pollo con Arroz, Classic Russian Borsch, Cream of Asparagus Soup, Cream of Broccoli Soup with Chives, Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe, Peas and Mushroom Spicy Soup, Classic French Potato Leek Soup, Sopa De Frijol, Tomato Soup , Zucchini Garlic Soup with Yak Cheese Shreddings.