Every once in a while we have dying, over ripe bananas and do not know what to do with them. The easiest is to throw them away but that would not be wise thing to do. These overripe bananas get sweeter as they age and become more nutritious. I combined them with whole wheat flour and hand husked melon seeds. It made a divine, delicious bread.
I made them two weeks back when my in laws and parents visited us in the hills. Since they are vegetarians I had to make this bread without eggs. Inspite of no eggs the bread came out super moist because it had these delicious over ripe bananas.
1. Peel bananas and cut them into slices.
3. Add sugar and mash them using a potato masher or you can even use a fork.
4. The bananas should be well mashed leaving no chunks of bananas. It should be of pourable consistency.
5. Add oil and give it a good mix with spatula.
6. Add cinnamon powder and nutmeg powder for a little spiciness and aroma.
7. Add vanilla extract.
8. Add baking powder and baking soda and combine everything evenly.
9. Sift whole wheat flour using a wired mesh or sieve and add little by little. Combine till everything is moist.
10. Add melon seeds and fold gently using a spatula.
11. Brush a bread pan with oil or butter and dust with some flour. Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius (Learn more about Oven Temperatures and Conversions).
12. Pour the batter into the pan and gently level from top.
13. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes in medium rack until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
14. Cool it completely before slicing it . Serve with your favourite cup of tea or coffee.