I think someday my tastebuds will get salvation after constantly feeding them with different mushroom recipes. I hope that never happens in this lifetime. I get swayed when I see any new recipe with Mushrooms. Well I needn’t explain this again and again. If you follow my blog, you must have already known by now. I saw this amazing recipe on Beulah’s blog Full Scoops and I was infatuated. I tried and it turned out it was love at first bite.
Mushroom and rice married so well in the harmony of spices that the flavour was to die for. Who knew Mushroom rice could taste so well. It was a one pot recipe and I made a few changes to the original recipe by omitting the tomatoes and adding mint leaves directly. It was the best next rice recipe I have tried after Mint Rice. If you are looking for a quick fancy recipe for some guests , you have reached the right page. Don’t think twice just go for it 🙂
1. Wash and soak rice for half an hour. I have used non basmati long grain rice. You can use any non sticky rice.
2. Wash and slice button mushrooms and keep aside. Also slice onions in length and finely chop some green chillies.
3. In a pressure pan add some ghee or clarified butter, bay leaf and cinnamon stick.
4. Also add green cardamom, cloves and star anise.
5. Saute sliced onions and green chillies in ghee. Also add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell of ginger garlic fades away.
6. Also add to the pressure pan mint leaves, garam masala and ground cumin powder.
7. Add Salt and coconut milk to the pan and mix well.
8. Add soaked rice and water. Mix well.
9. Top it with freshly chopped coriander leaves. Close the lid and let it cook for 10 minutes or three to four whistles or till fully cooked. Dont open the lid immediately, let them cook in the pressure.
10. Fluff up with a fork and serve hot with Raita: Potato and Pomegranate Yogurt side dish.
You can try other Mushroom Recipes on The Secret Ingredient: Kadhai Mushroom, Malai Bell Pepper Mushroom, Mushroom Do Pyaaza, Chili Mushroom, Ginger-Sesame Chicken with Bok Choy and Mushrooms, Mushroom Risotto, Italian Frittata with Mushrooms and Spinach, Mushroom Matar, Stuffed Mushroom Cheesy Crack Bread, Stuffed Mushroom and Spinach Braided Bread,