Any mother would understand how difficult it is to make your little ones eat. You have to apply so many tricks to handle and control their eating tantrums. The food has to be glamorized so that they at least give it a try. This could be very maddening at times.
Another challenge is to make them eat healthy and something which is not processed. These days super markets are stacked with frozen snacks which are processed and have no nutritional value. Unfortunately kids are tempted by its appearance and taste. One such snack is Smiley Potatoes by McCain. So I decided I would recreate those smileys at home from fresh products. To my utter surprise they were delicious and tasted almost the same as store bought but many times healthier. I could see the excitement in my kiddos eyes as he grabbed one piece after another. Only a mother would know what satisfaction this brings in.
1. Boil potatoes till they are done and peel their skin off.
2. Mash the potatoes with a Potato masher in a bowl. Add corn Flour and mix with a spoon.
4. Add little turmeric powder and juice of half a lemon.
5. Mix and mash everything together till everything comes together in the form of a soft dough. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
8. And a spoon end to make the smiley face.
10. Absorb the oil on a kitchen paper towel and serve. You can put these as a lunchbox snacks for your kid.