I find Bell Peppers to be the most beautiful vegetable. I have talked in length about this in my Charred Bell Pepper and Pine Nut Pasta Recipe. So I will not yap about it anymore. I had a few bell peppers in my fridge and I was looking for some interesting recipe to put them to use other than using them for pastas and stir fries. That’s when I came across this Syrian Recipe of Muhammara. This was the most interesting dip I have ever made. The addition of Pomegranate Molasses gives it that additional tangy kick which cannot be described in words. And walnuts adds magic to the dip and makes it absolutely irrepressible.
Specially when Diwali is right around the corner, I have planned this for my teen patti or poker parties wherein you can munch crackers or salad sticks with this delicious dip. If you have a party in your house you shouldn’t think twice just make this and amaze your friends.
1. Take some Red Bell Peppers and roast them in an oven and remove its skin and also discard its inner membranes and seeds. Learn how to roast Bell Peppers here. Add the pulp of the pepper in a blender.
2. Add chopped Onions or scallions to what ever you find it easily. Also add cumin powder and salt.
3. Add Pomegranate Molasses and red chili flakes or if can lay your hands on Aleppo Pepper.
4. Add juice of lemon and a generous drizzle of Olive oil.
5. Add walnuts and blitz everything together,
6. Now add bread crumb or u can even add panko. And blitz again in the blender till you get a smooth thick dip like consistency. Add more bread crumb and pulse if the dip is still loose.
7. Transfer the dip in a serving bowl and make a swirling well in the center with the back of a spoon and add a generous drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle some crushed walnuts. Serve with crackers, cucumber sticks, lavaash, pita bread and anything else you fancy 🙂
Other dishes with Red Bell Pepper you can try are: Charred Bell Pepper and Pine Nut Pasta Recipe, Roasted Bell Pepper & Black Eyed Peas Salad, Red Chilli & Red Bell Pepper Jam, Malai Bell Pepper Mushroom, Sautéed Red Bell Pepper and Olive Pasta Salad.