Pan Cakes are my all time favourite Breakfast. And when they are with Fresh Blueberries, I don’t need anything else. They are easy and soft and ready in no time. The buttermilk makes them extra fluffy. You can make instant buttermilk at home, You don’t need to plan in advance. Just put few ingredients together and you have a wholesome healthy breakfast. You can top your pancakes with Maple syrup, Honey, Caramel Sauce or simply butter. You can even put fresh chopped fruits before drizzling the syrup.
My kiddo is just like me he likes pan cakes but loves blueberries. So the combination of blueberry and pan cakes becomes irresistible.
1. In a bowl put together All purpose Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Sugar and Salt. Whisk them together and set aside.
2. In a smaller bowl dust the blueberries with few spoonful of flour mix. Set aside.
3. Separate the egg yolk from the egg whites.
4. In a third bowl combine egg yolk, melted butter and buttermilk. Whisk them together and set aside. You can make your own instant buttermilk at home. You can follow the recipe in link.
5. In another bowl whisk the egg whites to make stiff peaks. You can use a hand whisker or electric whisker.
6. Pour the buttermilk mixture in the flour mix an whisk everything until evenly combined. Gently fold in egg whites and blueberries. You have be very gentle in folding as the egg whites should not deflate.
7. Preheat a non stick griddle or flat bottom pan over medium high heat and brush it with butter or you can even spray with cooking oil. I used butter. Pour about 1/3 cup of batter on the griddle using a ladle.
8. After about 2-3 minutes you will spot some bubbles on the top, specially around edges. This is the time to flip it and cook it on the other side.
9. Cook the other side also for 2 minutes or till it has acquired golden colour.
Serve hot with Maple Syrup or Honey or Caramel Sauce. Top it up with fresh fruits.