Cherries are in season and that makes me very happy. My Love for cherries is unprecedented. It is my favourite fruit. It is not a common fruit in India and shows in markets for a brief period, but I ensure I enjoy it to the fullest before I have to wait for it the next year 🙂 To celebrate my love for these gorgeous looking cherries I made these Mascarpone Cherry Compote Cheesecake Verrines and Cherry Rosemary Focaccia Bread with Sea Salt,
the recipe I will share super soon.
This cherry cheesecake was a pure bliss and indulgence. It had a perfect harmony of flavors from sweet and sour cherries, Vanilla and Cookie base. It not only looked beautiful but tasted divine. The recipe is adapted from Life’s a feast. Its a simple treat and can be pulled in little time if unannounced guests surprise you.
This cherry saga doesn’t end here, I have even tried Cherry and Lychee Ice Cream and results were phenomenal. You may also like to try the very French Cherry Clafoutis which is a custard based dessert with fresh cherries.
1. Gently wash cherries and pat them dry. Pit them using a cherry pitter or find out how to remove cherry stones easily without using a pitter.
3. Heat both of them over low medium heat for 6-7 minutes , stirring occasionally. You want juices to run out. Remove from flame and set aside to cool down. Your cherry compote is ready.
5. Distribute the biscuit crumble in the base of serving glasses or tumblers. Settle them down with the help of pestle.
6. In a bowl transfer chilled mascarpone cheese and chilled whipping cream. The bowl should also be chilled in fridge before pouring them.
7. Place the bowl inside a larger bowl with ice in it. This will help with quick whipping. You can use a hand whisk or electric whisk to whip the cream and cheese into stiff peaks.
8. When it is about to get stiff add confectioner’s sugar and vanilla essence and continue to whip. Set aside.
9. Spoon the cherry compote into the glasses over the cookie crumble. Let the juices seep into the crumble and make it more delicious. You can Leave a little to be poured on top for garnish.
Related Post: Learn How to remove Cherry Stones without Cherry Pitter.