Festivals are a time of togetherness when you cherish spending quality time with your family and loved ones. In India the list of festivities is endless. If someone tries to maintain a countrywide list of festivals , every day of the year will be some rejoiced occasion or the other. More festivals means more food and desserts. And when you say more food I am sold out. I thing good food sparks up the festival. This Rakshabandhan I am making Dates Milk Pudding for my family. Its creamy, rich and decadent.
1. Take some dates and remove their stones. Chop them into small pieces and set aside.
2. In a thick bottom vessel add milk and bring it to a boil. Once it has come to a boil turn it on simmer and let it reduce to half. Keep stirring occasionally.
3, In the meanwhile in a wok add some ghee and add halved cashews and raisins.Saute them till they are lighted roasted in ghee. Set aside.
4. In the same wok add chopped dates and water. Cook them on medium low flame for 8-10 minutes till they have become mush and soft.
5. Add reduced milk and bring everything to a boil. Also add little condensed milk to make everything a bit more creamy.
6. Add roasted cashews and raisins and cardamom powder. Reserve a few cashews for garnish.
7. Garnish with saffron and more roasted cashews.