Darsaan is a popular Chinese Dessert made with fried wonton noodles. The noodles are drizzled with Honey and Sesame seeds and accompanied with a scoop of Vanilla Ice cream . I remember eating this dessert at Berco’s, time and again. Infact me and my husband loved eating this during our dating time 😉
Out of the blue one afternoon my husband said we have ice cream in freezer lets eat Darsaan, I was zapped by his unexpected
1. In a bowl add some, all purpose Flour, baking powder and salt.
2. Add oil and water and knead a soft dough. Let it rest covered for 20 minutes.
3. Divide the dough into half. Roll each dough into 9 inch circle using a roller pin. You may use dry flour to ease rolling.
4. Cut it into thin strips. Make sure the strips are thin otherwise they will puff up and will not be crunchy.
5. Heat the oil in a wok and gently put the stripes to fry on medium low flame. Once they have achieved golden colour remove them on a paper towel to absorb extra oil.
6. For the honey sauce add water and sugar in a sauce pan. Bring it to a boil.
7. Once the sugar syrup comes to a boil add honey and sesame seeds. Turn the flame off. Do not heat further for the sauce can thicken very fast.
8 . Place the fried noodles on a serving platter and pour the honey sauce over it. Serve with a scoop of Vanilla Ice cream.